- Teams will be ranked according to the number of Checkpoints they collect.
- In the event of a tie, the finishing time (less penalties) will be used to further rank teams.
- So, the team with the most Checkpoints found AND the fastest time, wins.
- 60 minute penalty if you RAM your kayak on the beach upon your return from the kayak stage
- 15 minutes penalty if you are caught out of visual range of you teammates.
- 15 minutes for receiving outside support from any non-racer.
- 15 minutes for the first traffic violation. Disqualification for the second.
- 15 minutes for littering.
- 15 minutes for using any form of electronic communication device between teammates (ie FRS radios)
- 15 minute for using any form of listening device (ie iPod, walkman, etc). Disqualification for the second.
- 5 minutes for modifying your MOMAR bib number. You must wear it on the front and it cannot be folded or cut in any way.
- 5 minutes for each item that you do not have that is on the mandatory gear list.
You will be disqualified for the following reasons:
- You deviate severely from the race course (discretion of the race director)
- If one of your teammates does not cross the finish line. In adventure racing, all members of a team must finish the course together. Thus, you are only as fast as your slowest racer. If a teammate decides they cannot go on, the remaining members may race unranked.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct to fellow racers, volunteers, or spectators.
Support Personnel: Absolutely no outside support personnel will be allowed along the race course except at the start and finish lines. 15 minute time penalties will be handed out to teams in violation. Team must be fully self-sufficient and plan provisions accordingly.
In the event of a dispute, please let the Race Officials know and we will do our best to resolve the issue fairly.