MOMAR 101 – NAVIGATING THE MOMAR:
MOMAR 101 is for new Adventure Racer who would like a comprehensive introduction to adventure racing and the navigation skills needed to successfully complete a MOMAR race and other shorter adventure races. This course focuses on navigation. This one day course is perfect for first-time racers, and challenging enough for those who want to polish more advanced racing and navigation skills. Be prepared for plenty of inside racing tips specific to the MOMAR! Limited to 14 participants per clinic; minimum 6 participants required for the clinic to go. Sign up early as these clinics sell out quickly.
April 22 – Saturday – Kamloops (9am – 1pm)
Instructor: John Barron — REGISTER NOW
April 29 – Saturday – Duncan (9am – 1pm)
May 27 – Saturday – Cumberland (1pm – 5pm)
June 3 – Saturday – Cumberland (1pm – 5pm)
June 24 – Saturday – Victoria (9pm – 1pm)
Aug 12 – Saturday – Victoria (9pm – 1pm)
Aug – 13 – Sunday – Burnaby Mountain (9am – 1pm)
Clinic Fee: $45+gst
- Additional classes can be arranged directly through the instructor if you have a group of 6 or more.
- Please register by the Thursday prior to the clinic. No ‘day of’ registration!
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your clinic.
- Registration are non refundable. If you cannot make your clinic, you can transfer your registration to a future clinic in the same year.
- All fees are subject to a 5% GST tax.
- Challenge by Choice – Online adventure race training by one of Canada’s best endurance athletes. Studio in Squamish, BC. www.challengebychoice.ca
- Equilibrium Lifestyles Management – Year round adventure racing and fitness clinics based out of the Comox Valley, BC. www.elmhealth.com
- Frontrunners Footwear – Offering year round running clinics and drop in run nights from all three Vancouver Island locations (Nanaimo, Victoria, and Westshore) www.frontrunners.ca
- Victoria Orienteer Club – A Victoria based orienteering club with events from Victoria to Courtenay. Beginners and non-members welcome. www.orienteeringbc.ca/vico/
- Greater Vancouver Orienteering Club – A Vancouver based orienteering club with events all over the Lower Mainland. Beginners and non-members welcome. www.orienteeringbc.ca/gvoc/
- 5 Peaks Trail Running Series – Canada’s biggest trail running series has events in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Quebec. 5 Peaks delivers some of the best trail this country has to offer. Our events are hosted at some of the most spectacular natural spaces in the country. www.5peaks.com
- GutBuster Trail Running Series — This is trail running at its best! Races run from March to July in Victoria and Duncan and feature a short course (5-6km) and a long course (11km). The series ends with a 8km and Half Marathon in Nanaimo in July. Go to www.gutbustertrailrun.com
- Big Chop Summer Paddle Series — A 10 race series happening on Thursday evenings in Vancouver, BC, Canada. The race is open to OC 1 & 2, Kayaks, and Canoes. The Series starts on Thursday, May 1st, at 7pm. Collect series points and win great prizes!
- Coast Mountain Trail Running Series is a collection of quality, challenging, professionally run trail events in world class destinations around Vancouver’s North Shore and Sea to Sky Corridor. www.coastmountaintrailseries.com